How to build a Library:
Distribute trading cards (at least 2 of each suit per person).
- There are 3 “suits.”
- Audience. What motivates them?
- Design tools. Why do they matter?
- Spaces. How can we reinvent them?
Trade cards. Talk to other people. Ask questions!
- Collect at least one card of each suit that excites you.
- Catalog yourselves!
- Hold up one spaces card that excites you.
- Locate others interested in the same space.
- Try to form groups of 5 to 7 people.
- In 60 seconds or less, tell your group why you are passionate about a concept on one of your cards.
Tinker! Prototype! Build!
- Using scrap materials at hand, build a prototype of your space in TEN MINUTES.
Develop a message.
- Describe your prototype in 140 characters or less.
- Your message should be simple, inviting, and easy for anyone to understand.
- Share your prototype with the room.
- Share your prototype with the world!
If you run a 10 Minute Library workshop, email us pictures/messages and we’ll post them here.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.